5 Definitions of Gear
The definition of gear, the meaning of the word Gear:
Is gear a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
- n. - Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed
- n. - A mechanism for transmitting motion for some specific purpose (as the steering gear of a vehicle)
- n. - Equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
- v. - Set the level or character of
Gear is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
There are 4 letters in gear: A E G R
2 Anagrams of Gear
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to gear:
16 words found using the letters in "Gear"
4 Letter Words
3 Letter Words
2 Letter Words
Sign up for our Free Scrabble Words newsletter. We won't send you spam or share your email address with anyone. We Promise.