15 Definitions of Bit
The definition of bit, the meaning of the word Bit:
Is bit a scrabble word? Yes!
- n. - A small piece or quantity of something
- n. - A small fragment of something broken off from the whole
- n. - An indefinitely short time
- n. - An instance of some kind
- n. - Piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding
- n. - A unit of measurement of information (from binary + digit); the amount of information in a system having two equiprobable states
- n. - A small amount of solid food; a mouthful
- n. - A small fragment
- n. - A short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- n. - The part of a key that enters a lock and lifts the tumblers
- n. - The cutting part of a drill; usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press
- v. - To grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws
- v. - Cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
- v. - Penetrate or cut, as with a knife
- v. - Deliver a sting to
Bit is worth 5 points in Scrabble, and 6 points in Words with Friends
There are 3 letters in bit: B I T
Words that can be created with an extra letter added to bit:
3 words found using the letters in "Bit"
2 Letter Words
Sign up for our Free Scrabble Words newsletter. We won't send you spam or share your email address with anyone. We Promise.